Monday, August 11, 2008

Cake Contest




Yesterday was Evan's and my birthday and we had a wonderful one. Bobby gave me tickets for us to go see Jack Johnson next week! I'm so excited. We're big fans in this house. It'll be fun for Bobby and I to go on an actual date. Those are few and far between when you have four kids.

Evan got some fun presents and had Curtis and Tricia's kids over for cake and ice cream. Although the cake was store bought. :-0 I know! Me buying a store bought cake? It's almost unheard of. I did have a good excuse though. The first reason is that we are having a big family party for him in a couple weeks and I'll make a cake then. The other reason is that I made a cake for a competition in Salt Lake and I didn't have the time to make one for Evan.

So, this cake I made for the competition won a High Blue ribbon and Best In Show! I was so excited! This was my first time entering a cake competition but I don't think it will be my last. I want to find bigger and better competitions to enter. I did it mostly for the status though. Being able to say I'm an award winning cake decorator is a big thing. I just need to get the business on it's feet and this is a really good start. It was a really great birthday present too. :)

3 comments:

Mitchell Madness...or lack there of :) said...

Thats so awesome!

Naomi said...

Well, yeah you won best in show! That is an awesome cake!

D'On Marx said...

Wow! That's a HUGE cake. It looks so yummy. Congratulations!