Monday, June 2, 2008

Too many Snowballs!!!!

Boy it's been a while! I need to do better with this Blogging business. I have been pretty busy though. For me, life seems like snowballs rolling down a hill. Each thing you take on in life (children, work, activities) starts out as a little snowball and you think, "this will be great and easy". Then it starts rolling down a hill. So, you star running with it. Then you add another and another and pretty soon you have hundreds of giant snowballs that are rolling in all different directions and your job is to keep up with them all.

Can you tell life is a bit overwhelming at the moment? I have so many things to do to get a business going and life keeps me so busy that it's going awfully slow. I guess, I need to schedule and prioritize things a little better. I haven't sat down and done that yet because I have felt too busy. But I now realize that it will help me to free up time to do the important things. So, that's my goal for today. Make a very specific schedule and goals that I can accomplish in a specific time.

Some fun things that have happened:

Memorial Day- We went to Sigurd for Memorial weekend and spent time with my mom and dad and Grandma Dastrup. It was a lot of fun and it was nice to be there for the flag service.

David's Birthday- David turned 1 yesterday!! I can't believe my baby is so big. We went to Salt Lake and spent the morning at Steve and Amy's ward. They blessed their baby Adam. Then we went to Bobby's parents' for a party for David. It was lots of fun. I made a cute Jungle Safari cake with a little safari hat on it that was David's own personal cake. It took a lot of time to do but I was so happy with the way it turned out. I'll put up pictures as soon as I can.

Swimming- We've spent a little time swimming this summer. We bought a season pass to the pool that is just down the street from us. We hope to go often. Hopefully, we can fit it into the schedule. The fun part about that is that the Hancock family got a pass also so we can all go together. How Fun!

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there has been a lot more fun had by us. I just have less time to think about it. :) Life is great and I'm happy to have all of my snowballs. Every one of them is a blessing. I just need to learn to manage them better.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

It's fun to read your update! I'm so glad you've got so many great things in your life girl! :) Love, chelle

D'On Marx said...

Wow!! 4 kids! Amazing! Lexie just found me on facebook and now here we are. It's so good to see you again.